Monday, February 07, 2011

Midge Journal: The Lost Diaries -- Seventh Grade

Midge Journal





Seventh Grade



October Journal

Monday: Sister Mary Constance assigned 5 pages of Math "homeworks" and Sister Mary Darren assigned vocabulary sentences and definitions as well as 5 pages of English. Sister Mary Annunciation assigned a chapter in Science, and Sister Mary Gabriella assigned 2 pages both of Social Studies and Penmanship. I went straight home to my room to die!

Tuesday: Got a 99% on my Math pages! Whew! What a relief. I want to be an archaeologist some day and you know how mathematical that is. Had a knotworth and Philadelphia cheese sandwich for lunch with celery and carrots.

Wednesday: Sceince is particularly interesting this year, but not as interesting as lunch is. Sigh. I got to sit next to Alan, the new boy, by accident of course. He had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I had hard salami and cheese on rye with spicy mustard and celery sticks and an apple. We're going to study together for Thursday's Sceince test (at the Library).
Thursday: Spelling assignments due today. Mine were all in order. Big Sceince test this morning. Alan and I, having studied together at the Library were calm, cool, and confident. Egg salad on marbled rye with a pickle and crinkle cut chips for lunch. Gym class this afternoon. I'll probably get the kickball in the head again!

Friday: I got 100% on the Spelling test. Yippee!! Mom says I can have my ears pierced in June if I get all 100%'s in Spelling all year!!! Had a meatball sandwich on Italian bread and mozzarella chese and a green, hard pear for lunch. Ken sat next to me and pulled down my knee socks. He had an olive loaf sandwich (yuck!), and a banana flip snack cake.


Saturday: 5 pages of Math homework to do this weekend. Have to clean my room TODAY! Barbie's Birthday party is tonight! I got her Love's Babysoft perfume and powder with a real powder puff and a Mystery Date game. I have to wear my same old rag of a party dress again. Mom says she'll curl my hair. Like that's going to make it different!!! "Oh, Midge, your hair is curly. Is that a new dress?"
Sunday: Went to 8a.m. Mass. Father Wally's sermon was soooooooooooooooooooo long I thought I'd die. I am going to bed early with a Nancy Drew novel. I'd rather read than sit up and watch "Bonanza". Yawn.










No comments: