Monday, September 13, 2010

Midge Journal: The Lost Diaries -- Seventh Grade

Monday: First day of school! Walked all the way to school (two excruciating blocks) with Barbie and Ken. Sister Mary Maurice is our homeroom teacher this year. She is older than Granny.

Tuesday: Walked all the way to school (two long blocks). A new boy joined our class. His name is Alan. He's dreamy. Had an Underwood Deviled chicken sandwich and grapes for lunch.

Wednesday: Wow! Math is really going to be tough this year! Mom says I have to work hard and knuckle down! If I get an 'A' the first nine weeks of school I can get a pair of saddle shoes!!!

Thursday: Had confession this afternoon. I had to tell Father Wally about sticking my tongue out at Sister Mary Constance while she was at the chalk board during Math class. Everybody laughed. I got 'hard' penace for that.

Friday: Walked to school, (two whole blocks), with Barbie and Ken and Bebe (neighbors, classmates). Attended mass at eleven a.m. My stomach growled and growled. I had a tuna salad sandwich and a pickle for lunch. Bebe had mac-a-roni and cheese, and Ken had a sandwich and a banana flip snack cake.

Saturday: Went to the movies with the 'group', Barbie, Ken, Bebe, Rosie, Marty from Saint Eloise school. We saw "Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang" and "Mary Poppins" again. Rosie had cigarettes and we all tried them during the intermission. Yuck!

Sunday: Up at the crack of dawn to attend 8 a.m. mass. Went to Grandma's house--I got to drink coffee with the grown ups. Cousin Betty is having a baby. Her ankles are swollen. That doesn't account for the rest of her!!! Mom made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Have to go to school tomorrow. I hate school. Ken and Alan pull down my knee socks between classes.

No comments: